Licensure by Reciprocity

For applicants who are licensed in another jurisdiction and are seeking licensure in Nebraska, you must have a CLARB certified record to qualify for licensure in Nebraska. If you do not have a certified record, you may find more information about certification on CLARB's website at

To begin the licensure process in Nebraska, you will need to:

Your request will then be submitted to the Board for their review and approval. Upon approval, a licensing fee will be required before your license is issued. The licensing fee does not include your first renewal fee.


Renewals are required on an annual basis. As part of the renewal process, you will be required to complete and submit a log of fifteen (15) hours of Professional Development Hours (PDH) with your renewal payment. Chapter 6 of Title 231 of the Nebraska Administrative Code defines the requirements for PDH. For more information go to the License Renewal page.

Obtaining a Seal

Licensees may use the company of their choice to obtain an official license seal. For a list of companies who can assist you in obtaining your seal, visit our Outside Links page.

STREET ADDRESS - 215 Centennial Mall South Ste. 400, Lincoln, NE 68509-5165
MAILING ADDRESS - P.O. Box 95165, Lincoln, NE 68509-5165 | EMAIL -
Phone: 402.471.2407
Fax: 402.471.0787